Anatoly Mayburd is a patent agent who works with clients in the biotech, life sciences, chemical, and biomedical fields in patent prosecution, independently and through technical assistance to the team.
With over 25 years of experience in biomedical research and over 15 years of experience in prior art searching and technology consulting, Anatoly helps clients obtain patents through in-depth technical and patentability analyses, infringement and white space (landscape) studies and application drafting. Anatoly participates in appeal/re-examination processes in the USPTO by collecting invalidation evidence for the previously issued patents.
As a search expert, Anatoly was employed by CPA Global, Cardinal IP and USPTO STIC and is experienced with multiple tools, including chemical structure and biosequence searching. Anatoly continues active scientific research as an affiliate of George Mason’s University, the School of System’s Biology with the interests in biodefense, accelerated drug design, and longevity research, regularly publishing in peer-reviewed journals. He is currently working (as a part of affiliation) on a book contract titled “Principles of anti-aging combination therapy: living to a healthy 100”, due 01/2024.
Outside of work he enjoys reading, volunteers as an election officer, loves to study, watch wildlife, and play with his young son.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI, Bethesda), Post-Doctoral Fellow, Preclinical Drug Design.
- Rush University (Chicago), Post-Doctoral Fellow, Virology
- University of Illinois at Chicago, M.S., Ph.D. Biochemistry (Bacteria)
- Moscow University of Chemical Technology (Mendeleev’s, MHTI), B.S. Chemical Technology
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2011